Tourist Refund Scheme

Help improve our website by completing this short survey

Ensure you are at the TRS facility early to make your claim as queues can be long.

You can claim a refund of the goods and services tax (GST) and wine equalisation tax (WET) that you pay on goods you buy in Australia. The refund only applies to goods you take with you as hand luggage or wear on to the aircraft or ship when you leave the country.

If you are calling the Tourist Refund Office (TRO) from outside Australia
Call: +61 2 6245 5499.

Otherwise, you can contact us by:
Telephone: 1300 555 043