register for VEVO at any time by completing the online registration form. The types of organisations that register for VEVO include:
- Registered Migration Agents (RMAs)
- labour suppliers
- education providers
- financial institutions and
- Government agencies.
How to register to use VEVO
To register you must have an
Australian Business Number (ABN).
Those looking to apply for 'Registered Migration Agent' access to VEVO will need to provide their Migration Agent Registration Number. If you are based outside Australia and do not have an ABN, you will need to apply for one from the
Australian Business Register.
Some VEVO categories will require additional information to be provided before access will be approved. Additional information is required for:
- For Registered Migration Agent’ access -your Migration Agent Registration Number (MARN) is required.
Note: If you are based outside Australia and do not have an ABN, you will need to apply for one from the
Australian Business Register.
- Education institutions wanting Study Entitlement access – a Commonwealth Register for Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) or the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) number is preferred.
More information about registering is available on the
register as a VEVO organisation page.
Requirements to check a non-Australian citizens details
does not provide evidence of the identity of a person. Always sight the passport or the identity document, such as ImmiCard, to confirm their identity and ensure that it matches the details shown in the VEVO Entitlement Check.
must also request and retain the visa holder's permission to check their details in VEVO.
When using VEVO you need to be aware of the following:
- VEVO will
not confirm or display the name of the visa holder as recorded in our systems.
- Visa holders do not require a visa label or stamp in their passport.
- Only holders of non-Australian passports can be checked in VEVO.
- VEVO will not allow details of Australian passports to be entered.
- ImmiCard is the only Australian issued document able to be searched in VEVO.
To start checking visa holder's details and conditions, please use the person's passport or ImmiCard and enter their:
- name (family and given) – this should be as it appears on the person's passport
- date of birth
- passport or ImmiCard number
- country of passport (in the case of an ImmiCard, this will be Australia).
If you encounter error messages when using VEVO, information detailing the most common error messages and steps to take is available in available in the
VEVO help and support.
Save or print search results
As a registered organisation you can save or print the visa details. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. More information is available in the VEVO help and support
If you are not registered for VEVO but you need to find out someone's visa details
Visa holders are able to send you their visa status directly from VEVO. They will need to access VEVO and use the 'email entitlements' function.
We do encourage eligible organisations with a need to confirm the visa status of a foreign national, such as employers checking the work rights of a potential employee, to register as a VEVO Organisation account holder. This will keep a record for you of the searches that you have conducted and the responses that were provided to you.
Help and support
If you are experiencing difficulties with using VEVO, our VEVO help and upport has information that might assist you. The page also includes frequently asked questions about VEVO.