Your eligible family members can:
accompany you to Australia if you have included them in your visa application
join you in Australia after you have been granted your visa as a subsequent entrant. You must have declared these family members in your student visa application.
Declare all family members on your application, even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family members will not be eligible for a student visa to join you in Australia. An exception to this is if they became your family members after your student visa was granted and before a subsequent application is made.
If your family members are applying to join you in Australia as a subsequent entrant, they will need to provide the following with their online application:
- identity documents such as a certified copy of birth certificate, passport, national ID card or Hoko book
- proof of their relationship to each family members such as official birth certificate or marriage certificate
- a copy of your main passport page
- evidence from the education provider that you are still studying
- proof of financial capacity, either:
- evidence of annual income of at least AUD 70,000
- evidence of funds to cover travel costs and 12 months' tuition and living costs for both them and you, plus school costs for any school aged dependants for the first 12 months.
Subsequent entrants must also meet
the genuine temporary entrant requirement and
Subsequent entrants might need to provide other documentation that is specific to their circumstances.