Individuals and Travellers

Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574)


​This visa allows you to stay in Australia to do postgraduate research.​

Streamlined Visa Processing

Streamlined visa processing for this visa is designed for international students applying to study in Australia at a participating university. You may be eligible for streamlined visa processing if your main course of study is a Masters degree by research or a Doctoral degree.


You might be able to get this visa if you are enrolled as a student in a registered course for the award of:

  • a masters degree by research
  • a doctoral degree.

A few more questions about you...

Each visa may have different conditions depending on your circumstances. Answer these questions to customise this page.

The information you see displayed on this website may have been customised according to information you have provided.
We need to know more information to help you. Please answer all of the questions.