Specified Regional Areas

If you apply for a Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa, you and any secondary applicants included in your application must agree to live and work or study in a Specified Regional Area in Australia.

The definition of Specified Regional Area depends on whether you are being sponsored by an eligible relative or nominated by a state or territory government.

State or territory nomination

If you are being nominated by a participating state or territory government, you must agree to live in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area.
See: Regional Australia/Low Population Growth Metropolitan Areas

If you wish to move to another regional area to live and work, you must notify both your current and new state or territory government of this change.

Eligible relative sponsorship

If you are being sponsored by an eligible relative, your sponsor must be usually a resident in a designated area of Australia at the time of the sponsorship. You must also agree to live in a designated area of Australia.
See: Designated areas of Australia


<< Return to previous page