This information page can be used by potential applicants seeking to nominate skilled occupations which are acceptable for permanent and temporary skilled migration to Australia under these programs:
Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
Skilled Occupation List is relevant for applicants for:
- independent points-based skilled migration who are not nominated by a state or territory government agency
- a Family Sponsored Points Tested visa
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) - Graduate Work stream.
After a review by the Department of Education and Training, a new SOL was introduced on 1 July 2016 with a number of changes to the occupations.
Occupations added to the SOL on 1 July 2016 were:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711).
Occupations removed from the SOL on 1 July 2016 were:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214).
The review of the SOL did not impact the composition of the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL).
For further information on the review of the 2016-17 SOL see
Review of the Skilled Occupations List (SOL).
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) is relevant for applicants for: