This information page can be used by potential applicants seeking to nominate skilled occupations which are acceptable for permanent and temporary skilled migration to Australia under these programs:
Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
Skilled Occupation List is relevant for applicants for:
- independent points-based skilled migration who are not nominated by a state or territory government agency
- a Family Sponsored Points Tested visa
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) - Graduate Work stream.
On 1 July 2016, a new SOL will be introduced with a number of changes to the occupations. If you intend to apply on or after 1 July 2016 for any of the above visas, you need to make sure your occupation is listed on the new SOL. If you have lodged a valid application before 1 July 2016, your application will not be affected by these changes.
Occupations being added to the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711).
Occupations being removed from the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214).
The review of the SOL has not impacted the composition of the Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL). Occupations currently listed on the CSOL will continue to be listed from 1 July 2016. For more information on the CSOL see: Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) .
For further information on the review of the 2016-17 SOL see
Review of the Skilled Occupations List (SOL).
Information on the occupation ceiling levels for the 2016-17 SOL will be available on the SkillSelect page from early June.
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) is relevant for applicants for: