Welcome to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection's Skilled Visa E-news.
Registered Migration Agents (RMA) and other interested individuals can access electronic editions of the Department's skilled visa newsletters below.
Skilled visa E-news provides advice about upcoming changes to both the Temporary Work Skilled visa (subclass 457) and permanent skilled visa programs. More general information about the Australian Government reforms, announced on 18 April 2017, in relation to temporary and permanent skilled visas continue to be available on the
Important: The primary audience for Skilled visa E-news is RMAs. This is because the majority of applications for temporary and permanent skilled visas are represented by RMAs. E-news is not a substitute for formal policy. LEGENDcom should be consulted to ensure that RMAs have considered the most up to date information from the Department when advising their clients. RMA's are advised to continue checking these pages on a regular basis as new articles, or updates to existing articles, could occur without prior notice. RMAs are also advised to check the Need Help section below regularly for processing information and communication protocols.
This newsletter is published by 457 Program Management section within Economic and Skilled Visa Program Branch.
Where do I go for assistance?
- If you are having problems with ImmiAccount (including application lodgement), contact the Department by using the
ImmiAccount Technical Support Form so that the relevant systems helpdesk can assist you.
- If you have questions about an already lodged application which is being processed by the Department, contact
firstname.lastname@example.org, which is managed by the Department's 457 processing teams.
- If you have any labour agreement queries or wish to request an agreement information package, email
- If you have questions about an application which has already been finalised, please forward the query to
457Management@border.gov.au with subject title: "457 Post-decision enquiry".
- emails that do not provide supporting evidence and/or raise a specific concern regarding the application of law/policy will not be answered.
BV enquiries cannot be handled by this mailbox.
What to keep in mind when writing to 457 Mailbox?
To help improve 457 mailbox response times for everyone, agents are asked to assist by
- copying in individual departmental officers where emailing
email@example.com, or sending duplicate emails to
- sending emails relating to topics that are covered in the
firstname.lastname@example.org auto response or in the Department's decision notifications
- seeking assistance with linking a newly lodged nomination application to an existing visa application – this will be done automatically if correct visa TRN was recorded at the time of lodgement, which can be confirmed via ImmiAccount
- asking for priority processing for nomination applications relating to changing sponsors – these will automatically be afforded priority processing by our systems
- asking that passport, address or email details be updated – this should be done via ImmiAccount
- asking about VEVO not providing visa details against new passports – this enquiry should be directed to the Department by using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online enquiry form.
Note: To reduce the number of correspondence failure, please ensure that your email address is correctly recorded at the time of application lodgement and that you have also provided agreement to the Department to communicate with you electronically.