Provide the documents in this section only if you are applying for this visa under the Significant Business History stream.
- Evidence that you, your partner, or you and your partner combined hold total net business and personal assets of at least AUD1.5 million that are legally acquired and can be transferred to Australia within two years after the visa is granted
- Evidence that you, your partner, or you and your partner combined held total net assets of at least AUD400 000 in one or more qualifying businesses in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you were invited to apply for this visa.
- Evidence of a total annual turnover of at least AUD3 million in one or more of your main businesses in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply.
- If a publicly listed company operates any of your qualifying businesses: evidence that you, your partner or you and your partner combined own at least 10 per cent of the issued shares of the publicly listed company.
- Evidence of a business plan to indicate your intentions and efforts to actively participate in and manage the qualifying business, describing your proposed business activities in Australia and indicating how they will benefit Australia economically.
- Evidence that you have participated in the day-to-day management of the business for two of the four fiscal years before you were invited to apply, such as:
- a full set of financial statements for your business for two of the four fiscal years immediately before you were invited to apply for this visa (the statements must be prepared by an independent accountant to International Accounting Standards and include a balance sheet, profit and loss statement and notes to the accounts)
- a one-page organisational chart showing your position in the business, staff attribution, management reporting lines and functional responsibilities.
- photos of business premises and business activities (maximum six photos)
- business contracts
- minutes of meetings
- documents initiated or authorised by you
- if applicable: details if any of your businesses has operated at a loss, evidence if any of your businesses is or has been subject to insolvency, receivership or liquidation, or evidence of bankruptcy.
The evidence needs to demonstrate your involvement in decisions about the management of all or substantial part of the business and responsibility for such areas as strategic management, recruitment, price structure, business profitability and expenditure.
Evidence of business ownership, such as:
- full company extract or certificate of incorporation
- shareholder certificate lodged with the Company Registrar, showing your share of capital
- annual return of the business
- memorandum and articles of association
- certificate of business registration, business licence or business names extract for the business
- franchise agreement, company registrar or share transfer documents
- partnership agreements between all partners
- if your business is a trust: full trust deed and amendments (including the names of all trustees and beneficiaries at the time when the trust was formed).