The temporary Partner visa (subclass 309) lets you:
- come to Australia to live until a decision is made on your permanent Partner visa (subclass 100)
- work in Australia
- study in Australia at your own expense
- travel outside Australia as many times as you want
- access up to 510 hours of free English language tuition provided by the
Adult Migrant English Program
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s national health scheme.
New Zealand citizens
New Zealand passport holders should tell the immigration officer at the border that they have a Partner visa. If you do not tell them, you might be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444) and you will not be eligible for the permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).