Australian Government endorsed event

You can apply under the Australian Government Endorsed Events activity type of this visa if you are:

  • ASEAN – Australia Special Summit 2018:  A delegate who is accredited by the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet to attend the ASEAN – Australia Special Summit in March 2018 or the Advance Program in November 2017.  Delegates seeking to travel to Australia using existing or other Australian visa products should ensure that their current visa is valid and appropriate for their role in the Summit or Advance Program (eg. permits multiple entry and work rights if required).
  • Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games: A Commonwealth Games Family Member who is registered for accreditation with the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC). Following receipt of an application for accreditation from a GOLDOC recognised Responsible Organisation, GOLDOC will contact you regarding your visa application for Commonwealth Games participation. Prequalifying and test events for the Commonwealth Games are not included in the AGEE process. If you are participating in a prequalifying event, such as weightlifting or shooting, and are an amateur you may be eligible for a Visitor visa. If you are a professional sports person you maybe eligible to apply under the Invited for cultural/social event pathway of the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408). 
  • Rugby League World Cup 2017: A designated participant in the Rugby League World Cup 2017 (including board members and staff of the Rugby League International Federation; players, coaches, support staff and officials of competing nations; and technical officials). The organising committee has advised eligible participants and provided supporting documents to be included with their visa application.

These are currently the only Australian Government Endorsed Events. You can only apply under this activity type if you are in a class of persons as listed above.

If you want to come to Australia as a spectator for one of these events you can instead apply for a Visitor visas.