You might not be eligible for this visa if you are the holder of one of the following visa types at time of application:
- Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601)
- Maritime Crew Visa (Subclass 988)
- Superyacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
- Temporary Work visa (Subclass 400)
- Tourist visa (Subclass 676)
- eVisitor (Subclass 651)
- Visitor visa (Subclass 600)
- Special purpose visa
- Business (Short Stay) visa (Subclass 456).
You could get this visa if you:
- have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in a profession, a sport, the arts, or academia and research
- are still prominent in the area
- would be an asset to the Australian community
- have no difficulty getting employment, or in becoming established independently in your field in Australia
- are nominated by an eligible person or organisation
- meet health and character requirements.
If you are younger than 18 or you are 55 years of age or older when you apply, you must be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community.