Sponsor documents

Application form

If you and your partner are applying by paper instead of online, a completed Form 40SP - Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia (PDF 255KB).

Identity documents

Character documents

  • Police certificates
  • If you served in the armed forces of any country, military service records or discharge papers.

If you are sponsoring on behalf of your child


  • A court document allowing the marriage between your child and the visa applicant
  • Proof that you are the parent or guardian of your child.