Freedom of Information Disclosure Logs

​​​ FOI-disclosures-logo.gif
The Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) requires agencies to publish information in a disclosure log within 10 working days after the freedom of information (FOI) applicant was 'given access' to a document.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Australian Customs and Border Protection Service

​Disclosure Logs​

The FOI disclosure log is updated regularly.  The log covers requests where access has been granted for the seven days ending on the previous Tuesday (that is, Wednesday to Tuesday).

Our list is not exhaustive; for example, it does not include the following:

  • documents of a personal or commercially valuable nature released under FOI
  • documents to which access has been refused or which are exempt from release under FOI
  • documents which have been released to the media or members of the public outside the FOI framework.

Obtaining copies of the documents

If the documents are not accessible by clicking on the relevant hyperlink, or you are having difficulty reading the documents, you can request copies of the documents in the disclosure logs by contacting us at

Publications, research and statistics

In addition to our requirements under the FOI Act, we have a range of publicati​​ons an​d research relating to various aspects of the Department and services that we provide on this website.

Amendment to personal records

You can ask us to change the personal information we hold about you if you think that the information:

  • is incomplete, incorrect, out of date or misleading
  • has been, is being, or is available to be used for an administrative purpose.

To request a change to your personal information under the Freedom of Information Act 1982, you can download application Form 424C Request for amendment or annotation to personal records from the Department's website. You do not have to pay a fee for this request. Your request must be in writing and, as far as possible:

  • give details of the document and the information you believe is incomplete, incorrect, out of date or misleading
  • give reasons why you are asking for the amendments
  • provide an address (physical or electronic) for us to reply to.

We will provide you with our decision and the reasons for that decision within 30 days of receiving your request. If we do not meet this deadline, you can ask the Australian Information Commissioner to review our decision because we are deemed to have refused your request.

Note for Australian citizens:

If you are an Australian citizen seeking to change or correct your personal details such as your name or date of birth, you should submit a Form 119 Application for evidence of Australian citizenship and lodge the form with the required fee at the nearest departmental office. Your application will be assessed under the provisions of the Australian Citizenship Act 2007.

This process will ensure that your evidence of Australian citizenship will match departmental records. If you seek an amendment under FOI to information which would cause your evidence of Australian citizenship to be different to your departmental records, your request will be referred to Citizenship.

See: Change or Correction of Name or Date of Birth for Australian Citizens

Note for non-Australian citizens:

To advise the Department of the change of your residential address or any changes to your passport details (including where your name in the passport is different to what you have previously advised), you must complete and return Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details.

Advising of changes in circumstances or incorrect answers given

If you have a pending visa application, you must advise the Department of any changes in your circumstances that affect any answer to a question in your application. To do that, you must complete and submit Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances.

If you have supplied any incorrect information in your answers, you must advise the department. To do that, you must complete and submit Form 1023 Notification of incorrect answer(s).​

Advising of changes supported by adequate documentation

Where a non-Australian citizen has adequate documentation in support of an amendment, such as an updated passport or an Australian Government issued marriage certificate, the change may be actioned by counter staff without a formal request.

Special note for Illegal Maritime Arrivals (IMA) and holders of ImmiCard:

It is the department's policy (for further information see the department's Privacy Policy) not to amend an IMA's claimed identity (principal details) until the person has been granted a substantive visa or undergone an identity assessment. The Department will instead place an associated statement onto the file (create an alias based on the identity information provided).

The change must be advised on a completed form 1022 or form 1023 which should be sent to the nearest office of the Department together with high-resolution scans (600dpi) of their original, genuine and verifiable documentary evidence to support the identity change. ImmiCards are underpinned by robust policies to effectively manage the claimed identities of undocumented arrivals and any subsequent changes to their biodata. ImmiCards are point-in-time documents representative of the card holder's claimed identity at the time of their visa grant. If the card holder is granted a substantive visa and a change to their bio details has taken place during the visa process, a new ImmiCard is issued in the new identity with the previous recorded details printed on the back.

Freedom of information enquiries

Contact your nearest departmental office first if you want to obtain access to information on your file. You might be asked to complete an application form for access to the information or documents.

Freedom of information (FOI) requests should be submitted in writing and are currently processed in Melbourne, Sydney and National Office in Canberra.

Residents of Victoria, Western Australia or South Australia should send their FOI request to:

Postal address
Freedom of Information Melbourne
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
GPO Box 241
Melbourne Vic. 3001
Telephone: 131 881
Fax: 03 9235 3384

Residents of New South Wales, South Australia, Queensland, the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory should send their FOI request to:

Postal address
Freedom of Information and Subpoenas
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
GPO Box 9984
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 131 881
Fax: 02 8861 4444

Residents outside Australia without an Australian address for delivery of documents should send their FOI request to:

Postal address
Freedom of Information Section
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
PO Box 25
Belconnen ACT 2616
Telephone: 131 881
Fax: 02 6264 1818

All applications under the FOI Act should be addressed to the Department’s FOI Coordinator at

For residents outside Australia who have an Australian address for delivery of documents or are being represented by someone with an Australian address, please send your FOI requests to the appropriate office based on your or your representative's place of residence.​