You can still apply for this visa if you:
- are nominated as a senior academic (University Lecturer or Faculty Head) by a university in Australia
- are nominated as a scientist, researcher or technical (scientific) specialist at
ANZSCO skill level one or two by an Australian government scientific agency
- are applying through the Direct Entry stream and you hold a Subclass 444 (New Zealand citizen) or Subclass 461 (New Zealand citizen's family member) visa and you have been working for the employer who nominated you for at least two years in the last three years immediately before making the application
- are applying through the Temporary Residence Transition stream, and you have been working for your nominating employer as the holder of a Subclass 457 visa for at least four years immediately before applying, and that employer paid you at least as much as the Fair Work High Income Threshold in each of the four years
- are applying through the Agreement stream and the relevant labour agreement allows for a person who has turned 50 to be employed.
For more information see:
Age skill and English language exemptions - Permanent Employer Sponsored programme.