Documents to prove your identity.
Documents about your relationship with your partner
- Two of
Form 888 - Statutory declaration by a supporting witness in relation to a Partner or a Prospective Marriage visa application (84KB PDF).
- Proof that you and your fiancé have met face-to-face as adults since turning 18 and know each other personally.
- Proof (such as a letter from the person who will officiate at the wedding) that you will marry your fiancé within nine months of being granted the visa.
- Proof that you and your fiancé genuinely intend to live as spouses.
- Written statements showing the history of your relationship, such as:
- how, when and where you first met
- how your relationship developed
- when you became engaged
- joint activities
- significant events in the relationship
- your future plans as husband and wife.
Documents about other relationships
If you have previously been married, widowed, divorced or permanently separated, provide divorce documents, death certificates, separation documents or statutory declarations.
You do not need to provide any documents to show you meet our health requirement. Your doctor will send them to us.
Form 80 – Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment (PDF 554KB ).
- If you served in the armed forces of any country, military service records or discharge papers.
Help with your application
To select someone to act on your behalf.
To select someone to receive correspondence on your behalf.