You must tell us in writing when certain events occur. The information must be sent by registered post or electronic mail to a specified address and within certain timeframes of the event occurring.
Events where a sponsor must provide information to us include:
- a change to the notified address and contact details of the sponsor;
- if the primary sponsored person fails to commence in the position, program or activity for which the visa was granted
- if the primary sponsored person ceases to continue in the position, program or activity for which the visa was granted
- any change to the formal arrangement or agreement between you and the primary sponsored person
- any change in the final date on which a primary sponsored person will cease in their position, program or activity for you.
- where you have paid the return travel costs of a sponsored person in accordance with the obligation mentioned in regulation 2.80.
- if you ceases to hold any necessary licenses that were required for the visa to be approved in relation to the entry of an entertainer
- a primary sponsored person is unable to meet the requirements of a special program activity
- your legal entity ceases to exist.
This obligation starts to apply on the day the sponsorship is approved.
This obligation ends two years after:
- your sponsorship ceases
- you are no longer sponsoring a visa holder.
Where to send a notice of an event or change
You must send details of these events by email or to one of our state or territory offices listed below.
By email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
By registered post:
- Australian Capital Territory
GPO Box 717
Canberra ACT 2601
- New South Wales
GPO Box 9984
Sydney NSW 2001
GPO Box 9984
Brisbane Qld 4001
- Northern Territory
GPO Box 864
Darwin NT 0801
- South Australia
GPO Box 2399
Adelaide SA 5001
GPO Box 794
Hobart Tas. 7001
GPO Box 241
Melbourne Vic. 3001
- Western Australia
Locked Bag 7
Northbridge WA 6865