- identity documents
- documents about your relationship, for example, marriage certificate
- character documents, if applicable
- documents about other relationships, if applicable
- proof that your partner has Functional English.
De facto relationships
If you are in a de facto relationship, provide proof that you have been in a genuine and continuing relationship for at least 12 months before the date you lodge your application such as:
- joint bank account statements
- billing accounts in joint names
- joint leases or mortgages.
If you are not providing proof that your partner has Functional English, you will need to pay the second instalment fee when we ask you to.