Preparing documents for paper applications

  • All non-English documents must be translated into English. Contact the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters for a translator.
    Translators outside Australia do not need to be accredited, but they must endorse the translation with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.
  • All documents except police certificates and English translations, must be certified.
  • Send original police certificates and English translations.
  • Send certified copies of all other documents (including non-English) – do not send the originals.

If your sponsor is applying on paper, make sure you have all of their documents and their completed sponsorship form.

Send each document only once. For example, if you are using your dependent’s birth certificate to prove their identity and to prove their relationship to you, only send the certificate once