How do I pay the wood levy?

The wood levy is collected from the importer via the Full Import Declaration (FID). ​

The FID is used to clear the shipment through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and the Department of Agriculture. The wood levy is paid to the Department by the importer when paying their duty and GST via the FID. We then forward the payment on to the Department of Agriculture.

For information on the wood levy, including any enquires regarding refunds of the wood levy, please contact the Department of Agriculture.


Department of Agriculture
Local: 1800 020 619


Australian Customs Notice 2007/41

Frequently Asked Questions