Nomination is the process of identifying an occupation to be filled by a skilled worker from outside Australia in an approved business. Nomination is required for both standard business sponsors and parties to a labour agreement.
The nomination process identifies:
- the occupation is relevant to the position to be filled
- the skills and experience required for the position
- the market salary rate for the position and the salary rate to be paid to the prospective employee
- the name of the prospective employee
- the location where the employee will be working.