The Australian Cultural Orientation (AUSCO) program is a five-day course for refugee and humanitarian (Class XB) visa holders who are getting ready to travel to Australia to live.
It is designed to:
- prepare you for travel to Australia
- help you settle in Australia
- help you be realistic about what you can expect of your life in Australia
- provide information about Australian laws, values and lifestyle
- introduce you to other people who will also travel to Australia.
The International Organization for Migration currently delivers the course on behalf of the department.