You can apply for evidence of your Australian citizenship if you were:
- issued with an Australian citizenship certificate (this includes children who are listed on a parent's citizenship certificate)
- born in Australia before 20 August 1986 and are an Australian citizen by birth
- born in Australian on or after 20 August 1986 and one parent was a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 and you spent the first 10 years of your life in Australia
- a permanent resident and adopted in Australia on or after 22 November 1984 and became an Australian citizen
- born in the former Australian Territory of Papua before 16 September 1975 and retained your Australian citizenship
- born outside Australia before 26 January 1949 to a father who was born in Australia and you arrived in Australia before 1 May 1987 and acquired Australian citizenship.
If you already have an Australian citizenship certificate and the name or date of birth on the certificate is incorrect or has changed since you acquired citizenship, you can apply to amend these details.
Before we can approve your application, we must be satisfied of your identity.
You can only apply for evidence of citizenship for children under 16 years of age if you are the responsible parent of the child. Your application must also include a certified copy of your current identity document with your photograph and signature, such as your passport or driver license.