You must provide documents to support your application for this visa. We can make a decision using the information you provide when you lodge your application. It is in your interest to provide as much information as possible with your application.
You must provide certified copies of original documents. Do not include original documents unless we specifically ask for them. Documents not in English must be accompanied by accredited English translations.
Use this checklist to make sure your application is complete.
A completed application form as follows:
- Applying online:
- Applying by post or in person:
- Acceptable evidence of employment includes certified copies of:
- pay slips (must be supplied for all specified work performed from 31 August 2015)
- group certificates
- payment summaries
- tax return
- employer references
- a completed employment verification form
- Australian bank statement covering the period of declared specified work.
Complete these forms only if you are lodging a paper application:
- If someone gives you advice or lodges your application for you:
- If you would like someone else to receive correspondence from us on your behalf:
Your personal documents
- Certified copies of the biographical pages of the current passports or travel documents of all people included in the application (these are the pages with the holder's photo and personal details and the issue/expiry dates).
- A certified copy of your birth certificate showing both parents' names. If you do not have a birth certificate and are unable to get one, you must provide a certified copy of the identification pages of at least one of the following documents:
- family book showing both parents' names
- identification document issued by the government
- court-issued documents that verify your identity.
- If your name has changed: a certified copy of evidence of the name change.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs (45 m x 35 mm).
- These photographs should be of the head and shoulders only against a plain background
- Print the name of the person on the back of each photograph.
- If you have served in the armed forces of any country: certified copies of military service record or discharge papers.
- Evidence of sufficient funds: certified copy of a bank statement showing you have access to funds of at least AUD 5000.