Individuals and Travellers

Expired visas

If your Australian visa expires while you are still in Australia, you will become an unlawful non-citizen. You should approach the Department immediately to resolve your immigration status. You can be referred to the Community Status Resolution Service (CSRS) if you need help to resolve your immigration matter.

If you are located in the community without a valid visa, you could be detained and removed from Australia.

Frequently Asked Questions